Things I Love Right Now

My Happy Halloween List

 Edgar Allan Poe
"Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence– whether much that is glorious– whether all that is profound– does not spring from disease of thought– from moods of mind exalted at the expense of the general intellect."
- from "Eleonora"
 I have always loved this man. He was a genius. I have spent hours memorizing his poetry, learning about his life and admiring his writing skills.

 The Corpse Bride
With this hand I will lift your sorrows. 
Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine.
With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. 
With this ring, I ask you to be mine.  
Not only do I adore Tim Burton, but mix him with stop motion animation and you have a masterpiece for life. I always thought this movie deserved more credit, I hate how it has been overshadowed by The Nightmare Before Christmas. 

Beetlejuice
I'm feeling a little, ooh, anxious if you know what I mean.It's
been about six hundred years after all. I wonder where a guy, an everyday Joe like myself, can find a little *action*.
This has to be my favorite movie of all time. Hands down.
But not for the reason most expect. Actually not for a reason anyone would expect.
Ever since I was a child I would religiously watch this movie if I ever started missing my father.Quite honestly, I still do. Beetlejuice totally reminds me of my dad, maybe it's the receeding hairline, or his quirky attitude. Who knows. But while most people cringe at the sight of this sneaky perverted ghoul my heart melts when I watch him on screen. 
I love you dad.

Black Cats
In fact I love all cats.

Ghosts
I am obsessed with all things supernatural.
At the age of 5 I spent most of my time at the cemetery directly next to my home. I have many fond memories of aimlessly wandering around with my orange tabby kitten Mitzy admiring the headstones and talking away to invisible friends. To this day visiting cemeteries are more of a serene experience for me then anything scary.

What I LOVE most of all.....
My kids passed out after an awesome
night of trick or treating!

Have a great Halloween my sweet friends!!!!
What creepy things do you love about Halloween?


2 comments:

Adria said...

I love this list!!

Toby O'B said...

a sweet story there about the connection you make between Beetlejuice and Norman. Thanks for that - I always appreciate the triggers that make me think of him....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs