Thankful Thursday

I am just going to highlight all the things I am thankful for today!

I am so tired today. We had friends stop by last night, we hadn't seen them in close to a year and this was the first time they were seeing our daughter and apartment. We are leaving here in two weeks haha. We drank wine, played Taboo, made dinner, and laughed. It was wonderful. I had a little too much wine (for someone who never drinks 2 glasses was more than enough). Phoenix kept me up all night as usual. Nursing every time she woke up. Sigh....
I woke up early to watch a friends son for the day. He is such a good little boy but oh man,  three kids under three extremely hard! I had Phoenix crying for me the second I left the room or when she saw me holding anyone but her,  I had Finn getting into the cat food, and then Trace begging me for milk, snacks, to kiss his boo-boo, to find his toy.... 
Derek and I packed them all up and went for a walk in the  gorgeous weather. Trace got a new doll stroller from his grandma and he loves walking Minnie around in it. We went all the way up the street and back down. By the time we returned to the apartment Finn and Phoenix were passed out cold, and Trace was dragging his feet so very sleepy. The kids went down for naps, and Derek and I had lunch and relaxed a little before the next tornado of messy toys and floors rolled in. Derek and I made some awesome veggie muffins from an array of leftover things we had in the fridge. (I am trying to be better about not wasting food that is sitting around in the house. I have a tendency to just throw away things that shouldn't be wasted.) We have to constantly come up with new ways to hide the healthy food Trace should be eating, but doesn't. This time it worked. You can call anything cake and a kid will eat it. Today was hectic but time passed quickly and I am so happy to be given the chance to help someone out when they need it. We have gotten so much help in the past that I really want to pay it forward as much as possible.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs