What's On My Skin

 I love tattoos, I find them such beautiful expressions of the soul. People put such thought and meaning behind their artwork and I love hearing the reasons why they got what they did. So here are mine...

When Derek and I first met we did the dorkiest thing ever- We used to put our hands together to form a heart  and n top of the heart we would extend our middle finger to form "crowns". Dude, don't even ask, we are so weird. "Hearts with crowns" became our secret little sign of affection. So we each got hearts with crowns in our own style to symbolize our love. And of course, me being me, I had to add some diamonds.


 If there is one thing you need to know about me it is that I am obsessed with all things fantasy. Gnomes, fairies, elves, mermaids, unicorns.... I am so in love with unicorns and knew I wanted them on my body somewhere. So why not the most prominant place on my skin?
My mom had a heart attack when her expensive makeup didn't cover these babies up on my wedding day.
I am not done with this piece but money and time holds me back from finishing it. I have so many ideas on filling in the gaps to this tattoo but I am not exactly sure which ones to use. So I guess once the time comes where I can finish it we will all find out.



About ten years ago I met a girl just as teeny as me, we fell in love instantly and have been friends ever since.  We decided to get matching foot tattoos!

 My father passed away when I was 6 years old. I had always wanted to get something to memorialize his being. I decided to go with Michelangelo's   "The Hand of God". To me it represented my father from heaven reaching down to me on earth. It went along with the feeling I held that he was always with me.


This one pretty much speaks for itself... yep, that's a Twilight tattoo. 
And I will throw my husband under the bus, too. He loved the Twilight series just as much as I did, and got the same thing on his arm. I'm lucky mine is on my ankle and pretty unnoticeable with pants on. 
Poor Derek constantly gets asked if that is his reminder to put a condom on...
Sigh....


I really wanted something to express my spiritual beliefs and I came up with a mixture of almost everything I own in my heart. I started out with DiVinci's " Vitruvian man" and turned it into a butterfly. This was my interpretation of  human evolution- human consciousness breaking free from it's cocoon.


What girl doesn't love diamonds?! These really don't have much explanation besides I am a complete brat and love all things expensive!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha Kelly I remember your wedding day and trying to cover that tattoo on your chest with make up it was hilarious , your mom was mad lol. I think it is beautiful ! You need to talk me into getting one some day , I'm just so scared lol.

<3 cori

Mommyof3 said...

I love the unicorns. All your tattoos are pretty, but I love that one especially.

Kala said...

i am in love with twilight and am so happy to see someone else who was inspired enough to get a tattoo (have not got mine yet, in the works) I am either getting & so the lion fell in love with the lamb, or Before you my life was a moonless night<3

HelloKelly said...

I love unicorns so much and I am so happy I have them to represent my fun side!

Wishful Lamb I love both your ideas! Send me a picture whenever you get it done!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs