A Loving Reminder

Sometimes I need a reminder that continually thinking about the things I don't have in my life, or the things I feel like I can't have in life only bring around more cant's, don'ts and won'ts. None of which feel good. And I want to feel good.
I need to bring myself back to the gratitude I feel for the things I have and be more in the present moment. Derek and I sat down last night and really had a long hard talk about the way I am feeling in the sense of my constantly saying "I want this.... I want that.... but we don't have the money."  I know in my heart the attitude I have been taking lately is not the correct one and so in honor of my change back to a better me I am sending everyone the same loving message my husband gave to me last night.

 
"Remember, whatever you focus upon, increases...When you focus on the things you need, you'll find those needs increasing. If you concentrate your thoughts on what you don't have, you will soon be concentrating on other things that you had forgotten you don't have-and feel worse! If you set your mind on loss, you are more likely to lose...But a grateful perspective brings happiness and abundance into a person's life."
-Andy Andrews

"Anything we focus on we do create. So if we're really angry, for instance, at a war that's going on, or strife, or suffering, we're adding our energy to it. We're pushing ourselves, and that only creates resistance." 
-Hale Dwoskin

"The winners in life think constantly in terms of I can, I will, and I am. Losers, on the other hand, concentrate their waking thoughts on what they should have or would have done, or what they can't do."
-Denis Waitley

I found this wonderful article from Essential Life Skills  on how to think positively. There are some great tips on bringing yourself great experiences in life just by changing the way you look at the ongoings of your life. 

 

Tips on Developing a Positive Thinking Mindset

Accept that you are here to grow and evolve.  
Life doesn't always go smoothly. Not everything is meant to be a joyride or exercise in pleasure. Life's lessons can be difficult, but are more so if you approach them with avoidance and apprehension. If you see them as opportunities to become stronger, wiser and more resilient, you are thinking positively and productively. 

Learn to turn lemons into lemonade. 
 Look for the lessons to be learned in every situation. Instead of feeling sorry for yourself when things don't go your way, do what you can to make the best of it. You can learn to avoid falling in the same traps, making the same mistakes and by doing so, be the better for it. 
As James Joyce said: "A man's errors are his portals of discovery." 

Believe in yourself.  
Know that you have what it takes to succeed. Your dreams and goals are an indication where your talents lie and where your true potential is. Needless to say, you must develop your inherent gifts; however, recognize that you have a unique contribution to make. You're one of a kind.   

Acquire perseverance. 
 When you possess a positive thinking mindset you never give up. You pursue your dreams, your goals and objectives with everything you've got and you don't settle for anything less. That's not to say you won't have roadblocks and various setbacks along the way. It just means that you won't let them stop you! "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail." Ralph Waldo Emerson 

Look for inspiration and support.
Read about and study the triumphs of others. Many successful people have gone through challenging circumstances to get where they are. Learning about their trials and tribulations can motivate and inspire you to achieve what you desire to achieve. To help you stay positive and focused, garner support from family and friends.  "Most of us, swimming against the tides of trouble the world knows nothing about, need only a bit of praise or encouragement - and we will make the goal."  Jerome Fleishman

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs