Thankful Thursday

Hello my loves! 
I am sitting here with the kids watching cartoons and peering out the window at a dreary looking sky. Years ago grey skies meant nothing but a bummed out chick. Nowadays I have really come to love the weather changes (even the rainy days) and the way the whole atmosphere can change with it. The air, the ground, even moods. The aura of a rainy day can be a beautiful one. Usually it means families hunkering down at home playing board games or watching movies snuggled under blankets with their kids. It's a beautiful thing. It always reminds me of a mother bird wrapping her large wings around her tiny babies in a nest filled with molted feathers and leaves for warmth and safety.

This Thursday will be spent playing with the kids and getting a few more boxes unpacked, and maybe slap some more pictures on the walls. I have a vanity for Phoenix's bedroom sitting in the basement needing to be refinished. I am going to head to Lowes and grab some sandpaper and start sanding it down. I am so psyched on my ideas for this thing! With a new finish and updated knobs (maybe some glitter, somewhere?) it will be a beautiful piece for her room!

Let's do something different this week. 
I really want to know what you are thankful for in life!
The more you list the greater you feel. Seeing all the blessings (big and small) that grace your life in a list really helps uplift your spirits and realize just how lucky you are. 
Tell me all the things that you are grateful for, guys!

P.s. Check out this cutie vegging out to cartoons.

5 comments:

Samantha said...

There is definitely something calm and comforting about a rainy morning.

At the moment I am thankful for my new baby girl, and that she wears cloth diapers because she pees SO much.

Adria said...

I love rainy days. Their distinct smell is one of my favorite things!

I am most thankful for my life. It is the ultimate gift from which all things spring.

Tiffany said...

Rainy Day's are a favorite in our home, tons of movies and cuddling.

Today I'm thankful for friend's in our life who love our son as if he were their own. & For my family. It's the greatest feeling to have your own little family unit.


http://youngesthousewife.tumblr.com/

knat said...

I am thankful for my beautiful and healthy son, Gio.
My husband and his ability to love and comfort me even when I am being a raging lunatic.
My mother and father. They are fabulous and have helped me so much.
My girlfriends..thank god for you.
My sister who teaches me to be stonger.
This blog...I am hooked!

Caitlin Weaver said...

There's no way I could list ALL the things I'm thankful for, but the main ones are: my husband and kids, that my family is healthy, my husband's job and that I can be a stay-at-home-mom.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs