Magical Breastmilk and It's Many Uses!

It is hard to believe that a few years ago I was completely naive to the wonders of breastfeeding. I had grown up in an uneducated environment and truly thought growing up that all babies were solely nourished on formula. I had no idea breastfeeding even existed until a few years ago. Kind of sad, huh?

Luckily I have the pushiest (I mean this in the most loving of ways. She has changed my life for the better in some aspects.) of friends who let me watch her nurse countless times, answered my questions, and was there for me whenever I needed her help in getting started. She was my support (along with my amazing husband) when I was having major issues with Phoenix and my dairy intake. She pushed me to keep going through long sleepless nights. She clapped and cheered for my little milestones.

Now here I am- 9 months later and still exclusively breastfeeding my little chunky girl. I feel like a champion! I nurse in public (without being nervous about it anymore), I nurse throughout the night, and I have an amazing bond with my daughter. She is a healthy 20 pounds all thanks to ME!

The more I continue this journey the more knowledge I gain. Like did you know breast milk can heal a cut? YES! Squirt fresh milk onto a clean cut and watch the magic!

More uses for mommies milk!
Eye infections / Pink eye-  Squirt into the eye.  Do this as often as you can until eye is healed.  

Sore/cracked nipples-  Rub into nipples after feedings and air dry.

Stuffy noses- Squirt into nose and suction or squeeze out as you would with saline. 

Acne / Eczema / Diaper rash-  Wash skin with water, then apply breastmilk all over.  Air Dry.  

Plugged eye ducts- Squirt into the eye crease at the nose. Do this 4 times one day and 2 times the next.

Facial Cleanser-  Apply breast milk on face & wipe clean. I have been looking for a good natural eye- make up remover and I was it the whole time! Who knew!

Contact lenses- Now this one I was amazed with!  If you have an irritant under your lens and forgot your eye drops, take it out, hand express to get a nice little stream going to rinse contact off.

Chicken pox- Use as you would Calamine Lotion or some other ointment.

 Cradle cap- Some mother’s have found that breast milk can be helpful in clearing up the flaky skin on baby’s head. Apply, comb through and repeat. At the end of the treatment, apply and let dry to help soothe and protect baby’s scalp.

What uses have you found for your milk besides the nourishment of your beautiful little squishy?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs