Start The Day Right!


Waking up on the right side of the bed can be hard when you aren't waking to your own wonderful internal clock. My old clock would wake me up around 10, and then I would sluggishly drag myself out of bed and drift towards my Keurig for a cup of coffee before showering for the day. And then I would spend a few hours sitting around be a lazy bum. And LOVE it!
However- my good ol' internal clock has been permanently replaced by tiny cute faces and soggy wet diapers in the wee morning hours. 
I have had to find new tips and tricks to getting myself in a good mood so early in the day, I am by no means a morning person. At all. So kicking myself in the butt is important for myself and babies. Happy mommy happy babies, right? 

Here are a few things that really brighten my day! 

1) Remember why you are getting up! Those little monsters mean the world to me and I knew since I was a little kid myself that I would want to be a mommy. I asked for this, I dreamed of this, and I brought the reality of it into my life. They bring my the most happiness I could ever ask for. So.... if waking up at 3am.... 5am....7am.... is what I have to do, then I sure will do it! Because the happy parts outweigh the crappy parts!

2)Before your feet touch the floor- Practice your gratitude! Think of all the things in the world you have to be thankful for, right down to the birds chirping outside your window. Everything. You will feel so much happier when you think of all the things that bless your life instead of all the things that annoy you that morning. 

3)Along with morning diapers comes the days clothes. The first thing I do when I wake up is get the kids out of their night diapers. And I pick out their clothes and put them on ASAP. Unless they are accompanying me to the shower, they will be all ready for the day and it is one less thing I have to rush around doing later. 

4)Shower! This is a huge one for me, I need my morning shower to wake up. I stand in the warm water and just relax for the small amount of time. A friend in high school taught me something that has stuck with me to this day. He told me every morning when he would shower he would envision all the bad energy from the day before being washed down the drain and when he was done with his shower he would be starting "fresh" for the day. I have done this every day for years and it has been very beneficial to me. 

5)EAT! If I don't eat throughout the day I notice that I become very grumpy and easily agitated. So I make sure that both the kids and I snack throughout the day to keep our energy up.

These are just a few things I do to keep myself positive during a busy tiring day at home with the kids. Being a stay at home mom is no joke and I need all the help I can get! Keeping a positive open mind makes such a difference in my little world. 

Just for today, no matter where I am going, or what I am doing, or who I am doing it with, it is my intention to focus on the positive.  
-Lucy MacDonald

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs