Always Choose Happiness

Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. 
~ Abraham Lincoln
If I could offer one piece of advice to you it would be this -
Always, always, always choose happiness.
Forget the past, forget your hurt and move on with the conscious effort to make every moment from now on a happy one.
I have heard so many people around me make comments like, "I hate this..." or " I can't believe this happened to me". 
I can.  
And do you want to know why? Because they chose to spend their time focusing on the negative around them instead of the beauty that lies right under their noses. They have spent so much time living in their past hurts and expecting that nothing but more of that will come their way. Because, well, that's just the cards they were dealt.
However, this is so untrue. You can bring about so much happiness with one simple switch in your life. By switching the way you look at the events that occur around you you can dramatically change your life. Turn tragedy from negative sad events and find the positive from everything that happens to you. Acknowledge the life lesson that the event brought you. Acknowledge that it happened due to your past habit of negative thinking. And move on. Pain only brings more pain. Anger only brings more anger. Hate only brings more hate. Love only brings more love.
Happiness only brings more happiness.
I challenge you today to stop your self loathing, to quit looking into the mirror each morning with the notion that you are "stuck" in the life before you, to let go of the fears and frustration you harbor and to open up to the love around you. I don't care who you are and what your situation is. There is always a way to find the positive in every aspect of your life. Go to bed tonight and list every tiny part of today that was wonderful.
The sky.
The breeze.
Your kids.
Your home.
Your family.
Whatever it is. Be grateful for it, and gratitude will only come back to you.
Quit hating and start loving. And only more of that will return. 
I promise you this. 

 For more inspiration read: 



1 comment:

patchhats said...

That's good!!Also, I thought you mom's may be interested in the newest kids craze in my town, Patch Hats! Check out a hat you have never seen before here at www.patchhats.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs